Being on a diet, a NEW diet at that – it’s natural for your sweet tooth to perk up! Especiallyyyyy when you’re telling yourself something is off limits. You just want it EVEN MORE. Amiright?!
Well. Say goodbye to those nasty cravings, because I have a 100% Keto approved chocolate chip cookie recipe for you to try! That’s right folks – I said C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E C-H-I-P C-O-O-K-I-E-S !! You don’t have to deprive yourself on every diet! These cookies contain all the Keto necessities: coconut oil, butter, almond flour and . . . you guessed it . . . chocolate!!
For the purposes of the Keto diet, we’re choosing a 100% cacao baking chocolate bar, unsweetened. NOTE: By itself it’s extremely bitter, but mixed in with the other ingredients, it creates the perfect balance!
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup golden monk fruit sweetener OR sticky sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3 oz. 100% cacao baking chocolate bar
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut oil and butter.
- Next, add eggs and vanilla extract
- Add sticky sweetener of choice, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt
- Slowly, while mixing, add almond flour to cookie mix
- In a separate bowl, microwave chocolate pieces until just barely soft. Use a utensil to separate chocolate pieces into smaller bits before transitioning to mix
- Pour chocolate pieces into bowl of dough and mix until combined
- Form dough into balls and place on cookie parchment paper
REMEMBER: Allow room in between cookies for cookies to spread during baking
- Bake cookies for 18-20 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
Calories: 191 Fat: 18g Carbohydrates: 11.5g (Net: 1.9g) Protein: 4.3g