Woo hooo! Feeling not only FULL, but also fully re-energized after last night’s bake sesh of Keto meals for the upcoming week and even MORE eager to share them with you!
I never knew going into this how much I would love reading, learning and understanding so much about the Keto diet, the general process and the overall impact it has had on my attitude and lifestyle so quickly.
I love having a more structured and routine eating regimen, I love that I’m eliminating sugars and limiting complex carbs/foods that aren’t entirely good for my digestion – both from a daily perspective and for ongoing weight management and healthy living. I even more so love the ritual of researching & discovering new, fun recipes and ideas for tweaking, testing (taste-testing is the best part – amiright?!) and making my own!
Scroll on to see this week’s tasty delights: a NEW variation on my Pizza Chips – Hellooooo Salami! + what you’ve all been waiting for . . . Keto Chicken Nuggets
NEW Variation to my Keto Pizza Chips – Helloooo Salami!
While you may have read my original Keto Pizza Chips recipe here utilizing pepperoni, I found when I was snacking, that I couldn’t help myself but wonder if it would still be as tasty if I swapped up the meat and cheese combo in order to to have more variety throughout the week.
I tried it – and yep! Still. Just. As. Tasty!
- Boars Head Genoa Salami
- Kraft Natural Cheese Cubes – Natural Colby Jack
- Paprika Powder
- Preheat oven to 400F. Take out some cookie sheets. You may need 2-3.
- Arrange salami and place cheese cubes on top – don’t worry, they’re not going to expand like cookies. They can be close together!
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Lay the chips onto paper towels to soak up any excess grease.
- Let sit for 3-4 minutes to cool off and crisp up even more.
Fat: 15g Protein: 15g Net carbs: 1g
Now . . . the moment you’ve all been waiting for . . . KETO CHICKEN NUGGETSSSS! DUN DUN DUNNNNN!! I have to say – when I uploaded photos of these little fried dreamboats to Instagram, I couldn’t believe all of the comments and asks I have for the recipe! So, here we go!
Keto Chicken Nuggets
The easier way to do these is likely via a deep fryer . . . but given not everyone has one of those (myself included) . . . I made do with the below steps and I LOVED how they turned out 🙂
PLEASE NOTE: I’m 99.9% sure I scared the living $%!# out of my pups while making these – LOL! If you’re not careful to keep a lid on your simmering oil, it does create a decent amount of smoke. Be sure to crank a door, a window, anything, if you possess the lack of coordination that I do.
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1/2 oz Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Water
- WITH DEEP FRYER:
- Start by heating your deep fryer to 375F
- WITHOUT DEEP FRYER:
- Cook a chicken breast (I cooked (3) at once for approx. 20 – 25 minutes)
- Pour ¼ cup avocado oil into a deep skillet/pan and set to med – low to bring oil to a simmer
- Pull chicken from oven. Cut chicken into cubes. (Don’t worry if your chicken isn’t cooked ALL the way – this is what you want! The battering and frying in the oil will finish it off just right, without allowing it to be overcooked or dry out)
- Mix the grated Parmesan, almond flour, and baking powder
- Add the egg and whisk
- Add the water and whisk
- Roll the chicken breasts in the batter until they are fully coated, then use a fork to drop them into the frying oil
- Cook until the batter turns golden brown
- Transition chicken bits to a sheet of paper towel to drain excess grease, cool and crisp
Calories 166 Fats (g) 8.0 Protein (g) 23.0 Net Carbs (g) 1.0
Let me know what you think of this recipe! Try it at home, tag a friend, or pass it along – share the Keto loveeeee!
Stay tuned for more recipes throughout the week!
Psst… sign up/subscribe to my blog and you can get all of my awesome recipes delivered right to your inbox 🙂